Make It OK is a campaign for everyone, but we know that more specific help might be needed.
If a friend, family member or co-worker is going through a mental health crisis, there are steps you can take to help: How to help someone in a mental health crisis
Below are additional statewide resources that can help you or a loved one.
Your Life Iowa
If you need someone to talk or if you need help accessing mental health resources, Your Life Iowa is available 24/7 to talk over phone, text or live chat.
- Call: (800) 273-8255
- En Español: (888) 628-9454
- Text 741741 for crisis help
The Trevor Project
World’s largest suicide prevention and crisis intervention organization for LGBTQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning) young people.
Non-crisis resources and referrals
- NAMI Iowa
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 515-254-0417 (Weekdays 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
- Iowa Office of Consumer Affairs: confidential mental health and resource referrals and system navigation by peer and family support specialists and to report gaps in services.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Toll-free: 855-622-4692 (Weekdays 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
- 211: for general assistance referrals
- Iowa Compass: resources and services database and referral line for people with disabilities and complex health needs
- Call or Text: 800-779-2001
- For relay: 711
- Click here to email Iowa Compass
- Live Chat