How to use new 5-2-1-0 assessment tool
Thank you for being an advocate to make #HealthyChoicesCount for Iowa children! As a current 5-2-1-0 Healthy Choices Count! Registered Site, you are required to re-certify your organization by completing the new 5-2-1-0 Healthy Choices Count! assessment.
**Recertification must be completed by December 20, 2021.** If you choose not to re-certify your site, your site will no longer be considered a 5-2-1-0 Registered Site as of January 1, 2022.
We know that several adjustments to policies and systems were made in response to the pandemic and that you continue to work on ways to support building healthy habits. Together, we can improve the health and well-being of Iowa children today and in the future.
Steps to re-certify as a 5-2-1-0 Registered Site:
- Visit our new assessment website: https://assessment.iowahealthieststate.com
- Create an Account Profile
- Select the organization type
- School – Public or private K-12 school building. The assessment cannot be completed at the district level.
- Early Care – Daycare centers and/or in-home providers
- Out-of-School program – Before and/or after school programs
- Once profile is complete, it will take you back to the home page where you will log in using your Email and Password created in Step 2.
- Start Assessment
- Title the assessment: Include the date at a minimum.
- Print questions: Scroll down the page and on the right-hand side you can click on a button to “Print Questions” if necessary.
- Answer all questions
- Yes = Implemented
- No = In progress of implementation or not started
- N/A = not applicable
- You have the option to save and quit the assessment and return to complete later if necessary.
- Once all questions are answered, click “Submit.”
Feedback and Results:
One of the benefits of our new online assessment upgrades is that for each completed assessment, you will have access to an immediate Feedback Report and Results! You can log into the assessment site at any time to view these resources.
- Feedback: Includes recommendations and resources for any question that you answered NO. This report can be printed or is available in the portal for future reference.
- Results: Includes response to each question along with your progress by section. Additionally, based on your assessment score you are eligible to be recognized as a bronze, silver or gold site:
- Gold = 90% achieved
- Silver = 80% achieved
- Bronze = 70% achieved
Why should my site re-certify?
In order to remain a 5-2-1-0 Registered Site, you must re-certify your site by December 20, 2021. In addition to being part of a statewide support network that is working to create healthier environments for kids, here are other benefits of re-certification:
- Opportunity to apply for future Healthiest State Annual Awards.
- Site will be continue to be listed as a 5-2-1-0 Healthy Choices Count! site on the website and 5-2-1-0 Annual Report.
- Eligible to receive grants and other funding.
- Early access to new resources and training opportunities.
The survey data collected by the new assessment tool will also help us determine how Iowa schools, early care providers and out-of-school programs are using 5-2-1-0 to create healthier environments for Iowa children – and where there is room for improvement.
New assessment system upgrades:
Last year, due to the pandemic, we didn’t require schools, early care and out-of-school programs to re-certify as a 5-2-1-0 Healthy Choices Count! site. This break allowed you to focus on COVID mitigation at your site and gave us the opportunity to make updates to the registration system. We hope you enjoy the new online assessment upgrades!
Save draft assessments: We know that interruptions happen when completing the assessment. Now you will be able save a draft and return without losing your work.
Access completed assessments: In the previous system, you couldn’t review previous assessments, but now you will have access to completed assessments so you can monitor progress at your site and look back at previous assessments.
If you have any questions about the recertification process, please do not hesitate to reach out for technical assistance! Contact info@iowahealthieststate for help.