Do you have friends, family and coworkers who would be thrilled to join you in supporting Iowa in the Healthiest State Walks on October 9? Then you’re already on your way to a chance of winning a Hy-Vee gift card. For every person who commits to your walk using a link that’s unique to you, you and that person will receive an entry into a drawing for a $25 Hy-Vee gift card!
Here’s how it works:
For Individuals Walking Informally
After you commit to walk, you will receive a unique link to share with family and friends so they can walk with you. For every person who commits to walk by clicking your link, you AND the new participant will both be entered into a drawing for the Hy-Vee gift cards! The more walkers you recruit, the better your chances are of winning.
Were you recruited to walk through a friend’s link? Congrats! You already have one entry into the contest. But your chances don’t end there. You should have received your own unique link when you committed to that walk. Use it to get more walkers to join your group by sharing that link with friends and family to increase your chances of winning a Hy-Vee gift card!
No one under the age of 14 can participate in the contest.
For Individuals Participating in an Organized Walk
Once a person joins the walk created by a business or other organization, he or she will receive a unique link to share with family, friends and coworkers to encourage them to join that specific organized walk, as well. As in the informal walks, when someone joins the walk through a unique code provided by another person, both participants are entered into a drawing for a $25 Hy-Vee gift card!
NOTE: When you send your unique link to another person, you’re inviting them to walk with you in your organization’s walk.
Staff or faculty members of schools are welcome to participate in the contest if they choose – the contest works the same as it does for businesses and other organizations. By default, schools will not have a visible leaderboard (see below for description), but walk coordinators can opt to display the leaderboard by editing their walk settings.
Once an individual commits to walk, he or she will receive a unique link to share with others to encourage them to join their school’s walk. When a new participant joins the walk through another person’s unique link, both individuals are entered into a drawing for a $25 Hy-Vee gift card!
Note: The Talk the Walk contest is geared to staff and faculty rather than students. No one under the age of 14 is eligible to participate in the contest.
A leaderboard can be posted on each Walk Detail Page so participants can view the individuals who have recruited the most participants for that walk. The leaderboards are specific to each walk. Walk coordinators can hide or show the leaderboard for the walk. By default, school walks do not have a visible leaderboard, but all other walks do. If your walk doesn’t appear to have a leaderboard, your walk coordinator has opted not to show a leaderboard on the walk detail page. Your recruitment activity still earns you entries into the contest even if there is no leaderboard displayed for your walk.
The person at the top of the leaderboard at noon (Central time) on October 9 will be entered into a separate bonus drawing for a $200 Hy-Vee gift card. Only participants in walks with visible leaderboards at noon on October 9 are eligible for this special contest.
- Click here to commit to walk informally or click here to find and join an already organized community or business walk. Or just click the unique walk link that someone sent you.
- Fill out your information on the website and click the “Commit to Walk” button.
- You will receive a link that is specifically unique to you.
- Share that link with family, friends and coworkers you want to invite to your walk.
- If they join by clicking your link, both you and the new participant are entered into the Hy-Vee gift card drawing!
Details and Rules
- Five $25 Hy-Vee gift cards will be awarded to randomly selected recruiters and recruits in each of the following pools: informal walks; businesses <50; businesses 50-199; businesses 200+; organizations; and schools.
- Each walk’s top recruiter as of noon on October 9, 2013, will be entered in a drawing for a $200 Hy-Vee gift card.
- A bonus $50 Hy-Vee gift card will be given to a randomly selected top recruiter on a randomly selected day during the contest.
- Entering the contest does not require the purchase of any product or service. You may enter the contest as often as you are able according to contest rules. Additional support of the Healthiest State Initiative not involving recruiting walk participants does not increase your chance of winning.
- An individual cannot win more than one gift card for this contest.
- If an individual commits to walk more than once using the same e-mail address, only the most recent commit will be counted.
- Must be at least 14 years of age to participate.
- If a walk is cancelled, all contest entries related to that walk are void.
- Only one contest entry per person per invitation is allowed. (Example: If individual A invites individual B via his or her unique link, and individual B joins and says five others will be joining as well, individual A and B each just receive one entry in the contest.)