2020 Healthiest State Annual Awards
FEBRUARY 6, 2020
RON PEARSON CENTER
5820 WESTOWN PARKWAY
WEST DES MOINES, IOWA
Join us as we recognize communities, workplaces, schools and Iowans for leading the efforts to improve the physical, social and emotional well-being of Iowans!
TICKETS ON SALE NOW!
($25 for individuals or $190 for a table of 8)
4:15 p.m. – Networking and hors d'oeuvres
5 p.m. – Awards ceremony
6 p.m. – Keynote speaker, Lyndsey Fennelly
6:30 p.m. – Winner photos
Healthy HometownSM Powered by Wellmark Community Award
- Dallas Center
- Dickinson County
- West Union
- Irving Elementary (Waterloo)
- Notre Dame Catholic School (Cresco)
- Pierce Elementary (Cedar Rapids)
Early Care Provider
- Children’s Center (Council Bluffs)
- Little Steps & Beyond (Iowa City)
- TenderCare (Mount Pleasant)
- Tri-County Child & Development (Waterloo)
- Live Well Montgomery County (Red Oak)
- Opportunity on Deck (Urbandale)
- Scott Gall (Cedar Falls)
- Bob King (Dallas Center)
- Ben Spellman (Des Moines)
- Anawim Housing (Des Moines)
- Des Moines Pastoral Counseling Center
- MercyCare Business Health Solutions (Cedar Rapids)
- Merchants Bonding Company (Des Moines)
- Montgomery County Memorial Hospital (Red Oak)
- Northwest Financial Corporation (Arnolds Park)
- Drake University (Des Moines)
- Grinnell Mutual (Grinnell)
- The Iowa Clinic (Des Moines)
Each finalist will be recognized and winners from each category will be announced during the awards ceremony. Each winner will be granted a monetary gift to continue their work focused on improving the health and well-being of their employees, students or citizens.
Lyndsey (Medders) Fennelly will tell her inspirational story of living with a mental illness. Fennelly is a former Iowa State University women’s basketball player, owner of CampusCycle spin studio and passionate advocate for mental health. She is married to Iowa State Women’s basketball assistant coach, Billy Fennelly, and they live in Ames with their two children.
HER STORY: 'You can't coach yourself out of mental illness'