TUNE IN! February 15–18
You are invited to watch the 2021 Healthiest State Annual Virtual Awards ceremonies where we will recognize finalists and announce the winners.
Due to COVID-19, we will not be hosting an in-person ceremony. Instead, we are so excited to celebrate virtually on the Healthiest State Initiative Facebook page. Each night at 6 p.m., the ceremonies will be aired via Facebook Live.
Miss the live ceremonies? Watch here:
Congratulations to our finalists & winners!
- Claude W. and Dolly Ahrens Foundation (Grinnell)
- FAMILY, Inc. (Council Bluffs) – WINNER!
- Sanford Health Rock Rapids Clinic
- Delta Dental of Iowa (Johnston) – WINNER!
- Merchants Bonding Company (West Des Moines)
- WesleyLife Network Support Center (Johnston)
- Grinnell Mutual (Grinnell)
- Hy-Vee (West Des Moines) – WINNER!
- The Rasmussen Group (Des Moines)
Healthy HometownSM Powered by Wellmark Community Award
- Cass County – WINNER!
- Dickinson County
- Waterloo – WINNER!
- Waverly – WINNER!
Learn more about Healthy HometownSM Powered by Wellmark here.
- MercyOne Family Medicine Forest Park (Mason City) – WINNER!
- Primary Health Care at Mercy Family Practice Residency Program (Des Moines) – WINNER!
EARLY CARE, presented by Nemours
- Handy's Home Daycare and Preschool (Norwalk) – WINNER!
- Loving Hands Daycare & Preschool (Lambs Grove)
- Neverland Child Care (Sioux City)
- Des Moines Area Community College Child Development Center (Ankeny) – WINNER!
- Michele's House Child Care & Learning Center (Earlham)
- SCICAP Early Childhood Program (Chariton)
K-12 SCHOOL, presented by HealthPartners UnityPoint Health
- Clay Elementary (Southeast Polk CSD)
- Irving Elementary (Waterloo CSD)
- Riceville Elementary (Riceville CSD) – WINNER!
- Girls on the Run of Central Iowa
- LINK Grinnell – WINNER!
- Natalie Lancial (Malvern) – WINNER!
- Kate Zimmerman (Ringgold County)
2020 AWARD WINNERS
Check in with our 2020 Healthiest State Award winners who were honored back in February. Each received a monetary award to continue their efforts to create healthier environments for their students, employees and fellow citizens. See how they spent their prize funds!