All fields marked with * are required.
Thank you for applying for the 2021 Healthiest State Initiative Out-Of-School Program Award. In order to apply for an award, you must also be a 5-2-1-0 Healthy Choices Count! Registered Site. Click here to become a registered site. Both documents will be reviewed during the award review process. If you are not a 5-2-1-0 Registered Site already, we would encourage you to start there and return to this application after you have completed that.
This application will ask you to elaborate on how wellness work is being implemented at your site, why you started doing this work and how your site is innovative. Additionally, it will also ask you to take a deeper dive into how you have implemented 5 of the 5-2-1-0 Healthy Choices Count! "Key Action Items." Please email email@example.com with questions.
1) Essay Question, please address the following (400 word limit):
Please tell us about the history of the work you are doing and your motivation behind it. Please include the following details:
· Demographic information about your program.
· What motivated you/your team to create a healthy environment for the children you care for?
· How did you identify strategies or priorities to focus on?
· If you have applied for a Healthiest State Award previously, please describe how your efforts have built upon or expanded the work you’ve done in the past. If this is not addressed here and in the action item descriptions (if applicable to the action items) you will not be considered for an award.
2) Please select 1 "Key Action Item" from each of the following dropdown menus to elaborate on. You will do this for 5 total action items over the course of the application. When describing how you have created change around the "Key Action Items" please keep in mind that points will be awarded based on how well supported and sustainable your efforts are.
3) Describe why you are proud of the work you are doing and why you should win the Healthiest State Initiative Award. 250 word limit
Exhibit Hall: Des Moines Parent
Celebrate Healthiest State Month with us! October is Healthiest State Month and there are a number of ways for you to participate.
Download toolkits for schools and child care centers, health care settings, workplaces and communities. The toolkits are full of ideas and resources to celebrate 5-2-1-0 all month long!