5-2-1-0 Healthy Choices Count! Summit
October 26th | 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. | FFA Enrichment Center | Ankeny, IA
Learn from experts from across the state implementing 5-2-1-0 Healthy Choices Count! in schools, early care, out-of-school programs, health care clinics and communities.
Sessions focus on how to adopt strategies that support the healthy choice as the easy choice and create policy, system and environmental changes within all sectors.
- Just Look Up!
Joe Beckman, International Speaker & Human Connector
- The Power of Food: Connecting Staff, Students, and the Community
- Shelly Rock, Executive Director, The Bridge of Storm Lake
- Lisa Stewart, RD, SNS, Director of Nutrition Services, Council Bluffs Community School District
- Sherri Sciarrotta, Child Development Center Coordinator, Des Moines Area Community College Early Childhood Education Faculty Dr.
- Mike Wells, Superintendent, Hamburg Community School District
- Lending Your Calm: Science-Based Strategies to Build Resiliency in Yourself and Others
- Katie Sandquist, MA, LMHC, NCC, Behavioral Health Therapist, Myrtue Behavioral Health
- Movement Matters, Why the “1” is Important
- Christa VanderLeest, Council Director, Girls on the Run Central Iowa
- Lyn Jenkins, Physical Education and Health Education Consultant, Iowa Department of Education
- Jay Gorsh, University of Iowa – School of the Wild, Assistant Director of Outdoor Recreation & Education
- Will Horsley, Director, Clay County Conservation Board
- How Sergeant Bluff Put 5-2-1-0 Into Action