2023 5-2-1-0 Healthy Choices Count! Summit
Save the Date: October 25, 2023
Learn from experts from across the state implementing 5-2-1-0 Healthy Choices Count! in schools, early care, out-of-school programs, health care clinics and communities. Sessions focus on how to adopt strategies that support the healthy choice as the easy choice and create policy, system and environmental changes within all sectors.
Stay tuned for updates around the 2023 Summit! In the meantime, check out our free 5-2-1-0 resources for your out-of-school program, school, early care site, community, or workplace!
Don't forget to become a registered 5-2-1-0 site at no cost to access more awesome resources, annual Healthiest State Awards eligibility, recognition as as a 5-2-1-0 site and more!
2022 Session Details:
Just Look Up! A Refreshing Approach to Finding Self Worth, Resilience, Confidence, Joy and Human Connection
The Power of Food: Connecting Staff, Students, and the Community
- Moderated by: Christine Crow, MPH, RDN, LD, Consultant Iowa Department of Education, Bureau of Nutrition and Health Services
- Shelly Rock, Executive Director, The Bridge of Storm Lake
- Lisa Stewart, RD, SNS, Director of Nutrition Services, Council Bluffs Community School District
- Sherri Sciarrotta, Child Development Center Coordinator, Des Moines Area Community College Early Childhood Education Faculty
- Dr. Mike Wells, Superintendent, Hamburg Community School District
Lending Your Calm: Science-Based Strategies to Build Resiliency in Yourself and Others
- Katie Sandquist, MA, LMHC, NCC, Behavioral Health Therapist, Myrtue Behavioral Health?
Movement Matters, Why the “1” is Important
- Christa VanderLeest, Council Director, Girls on the Run Central Iowa
- Lyn Jenkins, Physical Education and Health Education Consultant, Iowa Department of Education
- Jay Gorsh, University of Iowa – School of the Wild, Assistant Director of Outdoor Recreation & Education
How Sergeant Bluff Put 5-2-1-0 Into Action
- Victoria Halloran, M.S., AICP, Regional Planner, Siouxland Interstate Metropolitan Planning Council
- Aaron Lincoln, City Administrator, City of Sergeant Bluff
- Angela Drent, M.S., Health Promotion Specialist, Siouxland District Health Department
- Tami Coil, Sergeant Bluff Library Director, City of Sergeant Bluff
- Tyler Tweet, M.S., Director of Parks and Recreation, City of Sergeant Bluff
Continuing Education Credit Information CME/CE Credits
MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS) through the joint providership of Des Moines University (DMU) and the IMS. DMU is accredited by IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for a maximum of 5.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 5.0 AOA Category 2-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
Nurse: Des Moines University is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This live activity has been reviewed and approved for 5.0 continuing education contact hour(s). Nurses must attend the entire session within each day to receive credit. Partial session credit is prohibited and will be forfeited.
Other Health Professionals: This live activity is designated for a maximum of 5.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No ineligible company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
The speaker(s) will disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director.
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the planning committee members and speakers have no conflict(s) with ineligible companies to disclose.
The information provided at this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
· 5.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
· 5.00 AOA Category 2A
· 5.00 CE Contact Hour(s)
· 5.00 IBON
· 5.00 CPEUs for Registered Dietician Nutritionist by CDR
· 5.00 ECE ECE Credits
Register on the I-PoWeR system as well to receive credit. 5 credit hours will be awarded for attending the 5-2-1-0 Healthy Choices Count! Summit