The Make It OK campaign in Iowa, led by the Healthiest State Initiative is hosting a six-week virtual mental health series, in tandem with the Greater Des Moines Partnership and Capital Crossroads, titled "6 Weeks of Make It OK."
- Week 1: August 20 - Make It OK & Back to School, 12 - 1 p.m.
- Week 2: August 27 - To Be Human in a Pandemic: Understanding, Honoring, and Navigating Emotions, 12 - 1:30 p.m.
- Week 3: September 10 - Make It OK at Work, 12 - 1 p.m.
- Week 4: September 17 - Make It OK with One Economy, 12 - 1 p.m.
- Week 5: September 24 - The Arts & Make It OK, 12 -1 p.m.
- Week 6: October 1 - Make It OK During COVID, 12 -1 p.m.
The goal of "6 Weeks of Make It OK" is to have conversations around mental health that look at how we cope with our own well-being. Collective and individual mental health is fundamental to how we think, work, and interact with our families, friends, colleagues and greater community. We'll hear stories from community members and discuss ideas for taking care of our own mental health (or the mental health of others). This will be a mix of panel and speaker led sessions, with time at the end for Q&A. Additional resources will also be shared at the end of each session. Learn more + register here.