Healthiest State Initiative welcomes new board members
The Healthiest State Initiative is pleased to welcome two new members to its Board of Directors:
- David M. Williams, MD – UnityPoint Health
- Kristin Williams, PharmD – Hy-Vee, Inc
Dr. David Williams serves as Chief Medical Officer for UnityPoint Health. Previously, he served as President and Chief Executive Officer for UnityPoint Clinic and UnityPoint at Home. Dr. David Williams received a Doctor of Medicine degree from Creighton University and has more than 18 years of clinical experience in pediatrics.
LEARN MORE: Healthiest State Initiative's mission + values
Kristin Williams serves as Senior Vice President, Chief Health Officer for Hy-Vee, Inc. Previously she served as Assistant Vice President of Pharmacy Services and Senior Vice President of Pharmacy Operations. She received a Doctor of Pharmacy degree from Drake University and has more than 20 years of experience as a registered pharmacist.
“We are excited to add David and Kristin’s expertise to the Board of Directors,” said Jami Haberl, executive director of the Healthiest State Initiative. “Their leadership experience in the health care and retail sectors will be invaluable in our efforts towards becoming the healthiest state in the nation.”
Other members of the Healthiest State Initiative Board of Directors include:
- Jeff Russell, Board President – Delta Dental of Iowa
- Laura Jackson, Board Vice President – Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Doug Jeske, Board Treasurer – Meyocks
- Jami Haberl, Board Secretary – Executive Director, Healthiest State Initiative
- Jay Byers – Greater Des Moines Partnership
- Elizabeth Matney, Ex-Officio – Iowa Governor’s Office
- Jeff Pomeranz – City of Cedar Rapids
The Healthiest State Initiative also recently welcomed Peri Montufar to the staff as Donor Engagement Manager. In this role, she will oversee all Healthiest State Initiative events and fundraising efforts. She previously served as the Community Engagement Manager at the Iowa Department of Cultural Affairs, executing a variety of events including the Celebrate Iowa Gala. Montufar is a graduate of the University of Iowa.