Registration for the 2022 5-2-1-0 Healthy Choices Count! Summit is now open. On Wednesday, October 26th, experts implementing the 5-2-1-0 Healthy Choices Count! program across the state will gather in person to share strategies for encouraging healthy choices in schools, early care, out-of-school programs, health care clinics and communities.
The 2022 5-2-1-0 Summit will include keynote speakers, panel discussions, and interactive breaks led by local and national speakers and experts. Sessions will focus on all facets of wellbeing including physical, social, and mental health.
“The 5-2-1-0 program stresses the importance of taking care of our physical, social and mental, and mental health,” said Jami Haberl, Executive Director of the Iowa Healthiest State Initiative. “Enacting 5-2-1-0 in your school, workplace, community, or out-of-school program is an excellent way to make sure students, coworkers, and family are living their healthiest and happiest life.”
The 2022 5-2-1-0 Summit will feature:
Just Look Up! - A Refreshing Approach to Finding Self Worth, resilience, Confidence, Joy and Human Connection
- Joe Beckman, International Speaker & Human Connector
The Power of Food: Connecting Staff, Students and the Community
- Moderated by: Christine Crow, MPH, RDN, LD, Consultant, Iowa Department of Education, Bureau of Nutrition and Health Services
- Shelly Rock, Executive Director, The Bridge of Storm Lake
- Lisa Stewart, RD, SNS, Director of Nutrition Services, Council Bluffs Community School District
- Sherri Sciarrotta, Child Development Center Coordinator, Des Moines Area Community College Early Childhood Education Faculty
- Dr. Mike Wells, Superintendent, Hamburg Community School District
Lending Your Calm: Science-Based Strategies to Build Resiliency in Yourself and Others
- Katie Sandquist, MA, LMHC, NCC, Behavioral Health Therapist, Myrtue Behavioral Health
Movement Matters, Why the “1” is Important
- Christa VanderLeest, Council Director, Girls on the Run Central Iowa
- Lyn Jenkins, Physical Education and Health Education Consultant, Iowa Department of Education
- Jay Gorsh, University of Iowa – School of the Wild, Assistant Director of Outdoor Recreation & Education
How Sergeant Bluff Put 5-2-1-0 Into Action
- Victoria Halloran, M.S., AICP, Regional Planner, Siouxland Interstate Metropolitan Planning Council
- Aaron Lincoln, City Administrator, City of Sergeant Bluff
- Angela Drent, M.S., Health Promotion Specialist, Siouxland District Health Department
- Tami Coil, Sergeant Bluff Library Director, City of Sergeant Bluff
- Tyler Tweet, Director of Parks and Recreation, City of Sergeant Bluff
2022 5-2-1-0 Healthy Choices Count! Summit:
Individual Registration: $30
Date: October 26th, 2022, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Location: FFA Enrichment Center, 1055 SW Prairie Trail Parkway, Ankeny, IA
The 2022 5-2-1-0 Healthy Choices Count Summit is sponsored by DMACC, Capital City Fruit, Grinnell Mutual, Above and Beyond Cancer, The Iowa Clinic and Molina Healthcare.
The Healthiest State Initiative is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization driven by the goal to make Iowa the healthiest state in the nation. By engaging worksites, communities, schools, retail food, organizations, institutions and individuals, we can inspire Iowans and their communities to improve their health and happiness, and ultimately achieve our goal. For more information, visit http://www.iowahealthieststate.com.