New Healthiest State Initiative Board Members (from left) Meg Schneider, Aaron Wiese and Mayor Quentin Hart.
Healthiest State Initiative welcomes new leadership
Three new members join Board of Directors
The Healthiest State Initiative is pleased to welcome three new members to its Board of Directors:
- Quentin Hart – City of Waterloo
- Meg Schneider – Greater Des Moines Partnership
- Aaron Wiese – Hy-Vee, Inc.
Quentin Hart is the first African American elected to the office of Mayor for the City of Waterloo. Preceding the election, Hart served as the Associate Director of Multicultural Affairs for Hawkeye Community College and represented the citizens of Waterloo as Ward 4 Councilman.
Meg Schneider is the Senior Vice President of Business Resources and Community Development at the Greater Des Moines Partnership overseeing member value and benefits. In her role, she also participates in the Capital Crossroads regional vision plan’s work focusing on wellness.
Aaron Wiese is President, Digital Growth and Co-Chief Operating Officer for Hy-Vee. Prior to his current role, Aaron was instrumental in leading multiple facets of Hy-Vee’s health and wellness division, as well as serving as President of Hy-Vee subsidiary Amber Specialty Pharmacy for several years.
LEARN MORE: Healthiest State Initiative mission, vision and leadership
“We are excited to welcome Quentin, Meg and Aaron to the Board of Directors,” said Jami Haberl, executive director of the Healthiest State Initiative. “Their influence spans statewide and each brings a different experience – from working directly in communities to leading one of Iowa’s largest companies – that will be beneficial in our efforts to become the healthiest state in the nation.”
Other members of the Healthiest State Initiative Board of Directors include:
- Jeff Russell, Board President – Delta Dental of Iowa
- Laura Jackson, Board Past President – Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Jeff Pomeranz, Board Vice President – City of Cedar Rapids
- Doug Jeske, Board Treasurer – Meyocks
- Jami Haberl, Board Secretary – Executive Director, Healthiest State Initiative
- Nicole Crain – Iowa Association of Business and Industry
- Matt Evans – TrueNorth Companies
- David Williams, MD – UnityPoint Health