Riceville Elementary, winner of the 2021 Healthiest State Annual K-12 School Award.
2021 Healthiest State Annual Award winners announced
Finalists honored in week-long virtual award ceremonies
The Healthiest State Initiative has announced the winners of the 2021 Healthiest State Annual Awards. The winners were recognized for their efforts to improve the physical, social and emotional well-being of their students, employees and fellow Iowans.
The winners in the 10 categories are:
Healthy HometownSM Powered by Wellmark Community Award:
- Cass County
- Small – Handy's Home Daycare and Preschool (Norwalk)
- Large – Des Moines Area Community College Child Development Center (Ankeny)
- Riceville Elementary (Riceville)
- Natalie Lancial (Malvern)
- Small – FAMILY, Inc. (Council Bluffs)
- Medium – Delta Dental of Iowa (Johnston)
- Large – Hy-Vee (West Des Moines)
- MercyOne Family Medicine Forest Park (Mason City)
- Primary Health Care at Mercy Family Practice Residency Program (Des Moines)
The winners were announced during virtual award ceremonies recorded Feb. 15-18 and aired on the Healthiest State Initiative’s Facebook page. Each winner was awarded a monetary prize to continue their work focused on improving the health and wellness at their site.
WATCH: 2021 Healthiest State Annual Award ceremonies
“Even though we were not able to have an in-person ceremony this year, these finalists and winners still deserved to be recognized by the Healthiest State Initiative as well as their fellow Iowans,” said Jami Haberl, Healthiest State Initiative executive director. “We look forward to seeing how they use their award funds to further their already impressive efforts. Congratulations!”
The Healthiest State Annual Awards were sponsored by Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield, Nemours and HealthPartners UnityPoint Health.
Congratulations to the winners!
DMACC Child Development Center
Natalie Lancial (left)
Delta Dental of Iowa
Handy's Home Daycare and Preschool