Mexican-Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
All you need is a few simple ingredients for a healthy vegetarian dinner with ingredients that will also help support a good night's sleep.
All you need:
- 2 (10 oz.) sweet potatoes
- 1 (10.5 oz.) pkg. Hy-Vee frozen Santa Fe style protein blend
- Desired toppers such as: plain Greek yogurt, diced avocado, fresh cilantro, or sliced jalapenos
- Chili powder, for serving
- Lime wedges, for serving
All you do:
- Scrub sweet potatoes and pat dry. Pierce all over with a fork. Place potatoes on a microwave-safe plate and microwave for 7 to 9 minutes.
- Remove sweet potatoes from microwave and let cool. Meanwhile, heat protein blend in microwave according to package directions.
- Cut potatoes lengthwise, keeping them intact. Pinch sides together to squeeze and open centers. Fluff flesh with a fork and spoon protein blend into each potato. Top with desired toppers. Sprinkle with chili powder and garnish with cilantro, if desired. Serve with lime wedges.