Fold your own 5-2-1-0 cootie catcher
Let's have some fun with 5-2-1-0! Print and fold your own 5-2-1-0 cootie catcher (or maybe you've heard them called fortune tellers or chatterboxes). Inside you'll find fun activities or a question to answer that will help you practice your 5-2-1-0 Healthy Choices Count! habits.
PRINT IT OUT: 5-2-1-0 Cootie Catcher
HOW TO FOLD:
- Print and cut out square
- Fold square in half and in half again so you have a small square
- Open paper up and turn over so top is blank
- Fold each corner into the middle so you can see numbers
- Turn folded paper over and repeat by folding corners in
- Turn folded paper over so you can see the numbers again
- Slide your thumb and your finger in the opening under each 5-2-1-0 number
- Push paper together with your thumb and finders so corners meet in the middle
HOW TO PLAY:
- Let your friend pick a number, open and close the cootie catcher the right number of times. Open up and down and side to side as you count the number they picked.
- When you've stopped counting, look inside and let your friend choose a word.
- Spell out the word they chose, opening and closing the cootie catcher for each letter. Open up and down and side to side as you spell out the word.
- When you've stopped counting look inside and let your friend choose another word.
- Open up the cootie catcher and read the instructions.
- Have fun!
Thank you to our friends at Everystep for creating and sharing this resource!
MORE 5-2-1-0 PRINTABLES: Coloring sheets and activity pages