Is that barely used container of whey protein powder haunting you from the kitchen cupboard? Maybe you went on a health kick, using it in smoothies for a nutrition boost. Or maybe you tried that new recipe for protein pancakes and haven’t touched the powder since. The good news? Hy-Vee dietitians have plenty of exciting new ways to incorporate whey protein powder into your daily routine so that container doesn’t go to waste.
While there are several different types of protein powders on the market, using one with whey protein has several health benefits. Whey protein supports muscle growth by providing high-quality protein with essential amino acids, which serve as building blocks for increased muscle growth. Leucine, an amino acid found in high amounts in whey protein, helps start muscle building at a molecular level. Even if muscle growth isn’t on your list of concerns this year, whey protein is also absorbed and utilized quickly compared to other types of protein, making it a great choice when adequate protein is essential.
If you’re looking for a new whey protein powder to try, Performance Inspired packs a powerful nutritional punch with 25 grams of high-quality whey protein and natural branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs). Additionally, Performance Inspired utilizes a unique bloat-free formula with powerful digestive enzymes to support healthy digestion and rapid absorption of protein.
Protein powder doesn’t have to be just for smoothies anymore! Check out these amazing ideas for fun ways to use the whey (no matter the flavor!) in your cupboard:
- Mix into your favorite pancake batter for an extra boost of protein and flavor. Try subbing any flavor protein powder into our Protein Pancakes.
- Register for this month’s Freezer Meal Prep Workshop and learn how to make Monster Energy Bites – the perfect morning or afternoon snack!
- Add your favorite flavor protein powder to this Easy Fruit Dip for a yummy and healthy dessert the whole family will love.
- Tired of the same old boring smoothie? Take it up a notch and in place of vanilla use blueberry-flavored Performance Inspired whey in this delicious Blueberry Madness Protein Shake.
- Enhance your morning cup of Joe by adding a nutrition boost of protein! Check out how to make a delicious cold brew coffee and blend with your preferred flavor of Performance Inspired for a nutritious caffeine kick.
- Oatmeal is already a great option for breakfast, but you can take it up a notch further by adding in more flavor and protein with our Protein Mocha Overnight Oats or Raspberry Protein Oats.
The information is not intended as medical advice. Please consult a medical professional for individual advice.