Enjoy these That’s Smart! Chicken Enchiladas — a delicious, family-friendly dinner option that is easy on the wallet!
All you need:
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (15.5-oz) jar That’s Smart! mild salsa
- 1 (8-oz) pkg That’s Smart! cream cheese, cubed
- 1 tbsp That’s Smart! chili powder
- 1 (15-oz) can Hy-Vee no-salt-added black beans
- 1 cup That’s Smart! shredded imitation Cheddar cheese
- 8 Hy-Vee fajita-size whole-wheat tortillas
- 1 (10-oz) can Hy-Vee red enchilada sauce
- Desired toppings such as light sour cream or cilantro
All you do:
- Spray a 4-to-6-quart slow cooker with nonstick spray. Add chicken, salsa and cream cheese to slow cooker; sprinkle with chili powder. Cook on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 5 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred using two forks. Place chicken back in the slow cooker for an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Add 1/3 cup shredded chicken filling to each tortilla. Top with 1 tablespoon shredded imitation Cheddar cheese. Wrap tightly and place seam-side-down in prepared dish. Cover with red enchilada sauce and wrap tightly with foil. Bake 20 minutes or until heated through (165 degrees).
- Tip: Make these enchiladas ahead of time and freeze until you're ready to serve! Make enchiladas and place in prepared 9x13-inch baking pan. Cover with enchilada sauce and wrap tightly with aluminum foil. Freeze for up to 1 month. When ready to serve, thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until heated through (165 degrees).
- Serve topped with desired toppers such as sour cream, additional cheese and/or cilantro.
Recipe source: https://www.hy-vee.com/recipes-ideas/recipes/thats-smart-chicken-enchiladas
Sign up for our On Demand Eating Better on a Budget Virtual Store Tour by visiting https://www.hy-vee.com/health/hy-vee-dietitians/default.aspx. Or reach out to your local Hy-Vee dietitian for more expert budget-friendly health tips!
The information is not intended as medical advice. Please consult a medical professional for individual advice.