Spiralized Sweet Potato Enchilada Skillet
This recipe was adapted from: www.sweetpeasandsaffron.com
More time at home means you're probably spending more time in your kitchen cooking meals for yourself or your family. This veggie-forward version of enchiladas gives you the flavor you love ... without all of the rolling. Enjoy!
All you need:
- 1 lb 90% lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, spiralized (~6 loosely packed cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups enchilada sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided
- Optional garnishes: Cilantro, avocado, plain Greek yogurt
All you do:
- In a large, deep skillet, cook ground beef over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook for 5 minutes, or until translucent and soft. Add spiralized sweet potatoes, and cook for 10 minutes (they should have a bite to them, and not be completely soft).
- Next, add in garlic, black beans, corn, enchilada sauce, and half of the cheese. Stir until completely combined. Cook for an additional 5 minutes or until enchilada
RELATED: Boost your immune system with these "superfoods"