Skinny Spinach & Artichoke Dip
This recipe adapted from kimscravings.com.
It's that time of year where basketball fans will start to gather around the TV to cheer on their favorite team. And you know what that means ... munchies! You'll be sure to score with your watch party guests by serving this "skinny" version of a favorite dip.
Here's what you need:
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced (about 1 cup diced)
- 1 (14 oz.) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (9 oz.) box frozen spinach (thawed and water squeezed out)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg Greek yogurt cream cheese, softened
- Crackers, carrots, celery, or bell pepper slices for dipping
All you do:
- Sauté onion and garlic in a small pan (you can add to crockpot without cooking, but you get more flavor with it sautéed.
- Placed sautéed onion and garlic in a slow cooker along with artichoke hearts, spinach, milk, cheeses, pepper, and salt. Stir to combine. Top with cream cheese.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or on low heat for 3-4 hours.
- Uncover and stir until everything is well combined. Keep on warm setting until you are ready to serve. (Note: if you are re-heating the dip, you may need to add 1-2 tablespoons of milk).
- Enjoy with veggies and/or crackers.
Nutrition Facts per serving (1/4 cup): Calories: 60, Total Fat: 3 g, Sat. Fat: 2 g, Carbs: 3 g, Fiber: 1 g, Sugar: 2 g, Protein: 4 g
March is not just about basketball, it’s also National Nutrition Month! Just like there are five players on each team just like there are five food groups you need to fuel yourself throughout the day. Learn more about these "starting five" food groups.