By Paige Green, Hy-Vee Dietitian on Wednesday, September 1, 2021
Shrimp Scampi & Broccoli Linguine
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Birds Eye
Weeknight meals need to be fast, easy and delicious – not to mention healthy! This simple pasta dish can be on the table in 20 minutes and includes a serving of nutrition-dense broccoli.
All you need:
- 8 oz. large uncooked shrimp, cleaned and tails removed
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup Smart Chicken Bone Broth
- 8 oz. linguine pasta, cooked according to the package directions, reserving ½ cup pasta water
- 1 bag Birds Eye Steamfresh Premium Broccoli Florets, cooked according to package directions
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
All you do:
- Toss shrimp with garlic, oil and salt; set aside.
- Preheat a large nonstick skillet over high heat and add shrimp. Cook, stirring frequently, 4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink; remove from pan and set aside.
- In same skillet, bring lemon juice, chicken broth and pasta water to a boil over high heat. Boil 2 minutes or until slightly reduced. Add linguine and toss to coat. Add shrimp and broccoli and toss to coat. Sprinkle with black pepper and Parmesan cheese.