Santa Strawberry Brownie Bites
Adapted from Hy-Vee.com
These Santa Strawberry Brownie Bites are almost too cute to eat. Almost... Plus, don't tell the kids we snuck black beans into the recipe for added antioxidants, fiber and protein.
All you need:
- 1 (18.4 oz.) box fudge brownie mix
- 1 can of no-salt-added black beans
- 8 oz Hy-Vee 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup Hy-Vee powdered sugar
- 1 tsp Hy-Vee vanilla extract
- 24 fresh strawberries, destemmed
All you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a mini muffin tin with nonstick spray; set aside.
- Add brownie mix to a medium bowl. Beat together black beans with its liquid. Note: Do not add in the oil, water and eggs that the brownie package calls for.
- Divide brownie batter evenly between mini muffin tins. Bake for 10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla with electric mixer until smooth.
- Using a small resealable food-storage plastic bag or small spoon, pipe mixture onto cooled brownies.
- Top each with a fresh strawberry and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
RELATED: Healthier holiday habits for the whole family