Pomegranate and Pear Salsa
Recipe source: www.hy-vee.com
Unsure of how to use pomegranates in a recipe? Try out pomegranate arils in this bright and refreshing fruit salsa.
All you need:
- 2 pomegranates or 1¾ cups pomegranate arils
- ¼ cup 100% pomegranate juice
- Juice of 1 lime (2 tbsp)
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- ¼ cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 medium Bartlett pear, cored and diced
- 1 tbsp sugar or honey
All you do:
- Score each pomegranate and place in a large bowl of water. Break pomegranates open underneath water to free seeds. Pull and break seeds from fruit membrane and seed will float to the bottom. Strain away water and place seeds in medium mixing bowl.
- Add pomegranate juice and lime juice to seeds; toss to evenly coat. Add minced red onion, cilantro and diced pear; stir to combine. Sprinkle sugar or drizzle honey over seed mixture and stir to combine.
- Serve with baked tortilla chips or use as a garnish for fish or chicken.
RELATED: Tips for buying, storing and prepping pomegranates