Peanut Butter Banana Nice Cream
This recipe adapted from www.fitfoodiefinds.com.
If ice cream is hard for your stomach to handle, try "nice cream" instead! Blend frozen bananas with Fairlife milk for a low-sugar sweet treat. Fairlife milk is made from cows, yet the lactase enzyme is added to their blend making it a good option for those with lactose intolerance.
All you need:
- 4 cups frozen sliced bananas (3-4 large bananas)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2-3/4 cup Fairlife 1% milk
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
All you do:
- Place frozen banana slices, peanut butter, and 1/2 cup milk into a blender. Blend until a smooth consistency has formed. If things are too thick, add a little bit more milk.
- Add in mini chocolate chips and pulse to combine.
- Option to eat immediately for a “soft-serve-like” consistency or to transfer into a parchment-lined bread pan to freeze for a more “ice cream-like” consistency. Freeze for about 2 hours. If you freeze for longer, it will become solid and hard to scoop, so you will need to thaw.
- Serve with more chocolate chips and a drizzle of peanut butter.
RELATED: Lactose intolerance? Have your dairy and feel fine, too