Open-Face Egg Sandwich
Adapted from Hy-Vee Seasons magazine
Need a quick breakfast? Try this 10-minute open-face egg sandwich topped with avocado, cheese, spinach, and cherry tomatoes.
All you need:
- 1 slice whole-wheat bread
- ½ small avocado
- 1 large egg, beaten (Dietitian Tip: Choose Omega-3 eggs)
- 2 tbsp chopped baby spinach
- 1 tbsp 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 tsp Smart Balance spread
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp shredded Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup quartered cherry tomatoes
All you do:
1. Toast bread.
2. Peel, seed and slice avocado; set aside.
3. Combine beaten egg with spinach and milk. Melt Smart Balance spread in nonstick skillet over medium heat; add egg mixture and cook until egg is just set. Season with pepper and top with cheese.
4. Place sliced avocado on toast. Add cooked egg mixture and cherry tomatoes.
RELATED: Shake off your sodium intake