Mediterranean Turkey Meatballs
If you're feeling a little wanderlust lately ... take a trip to Greece through your taste buds with these turkey meatballs – and reap the benefits of a Mediterranean-style diet.
All you need:
- 1 lb 85%-lean ground turkey
- ½ cup Hy-Vee traditional crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 3 tbsp Hy-Vee plain bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp Hy-Vee Select olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp Hy-Vee salt
- 32 fresh spinach leaves
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into 1-by-3/4-inch strips
- Tzatziki sauce
All you do:
- In a medium bowl, combine turkey, feta, sun-dried tomatoes, bread crumbs, parsley, 1 tablespoon olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and salt. Shape into 32 (1-inch each) meatballs.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Arrange meatballs in skillet. Cook, turning frequently, until meatballs are brown and internal temperature is 160 degrees.
- Thread on cocktail skewers alternately with spinach leaves and pepper strips. Serve with tzatziki sauce, if desired.