(Yields 20 cookies)
This recipe was adapted from: www.howsweeteats.com
New moms: Increase your milk supply with these ooey, goey lactation cookies. As you make this recipe, don't forget the ingredients marked with an asterisk below. These are the essentials needed to help a mother’s milk supply.
Here's what you need:
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats*
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp brewer’s yeast*
- 3 Tbsp ground flaxseed*
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup unrefined coconut oil
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups dark chocolate chips
Here's what you do:
- Preheat the oven the 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, flour, yeast, flaxseed, baking powder, soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, beat the butter and coconut oil on medium speed until creamy. Add in the sugar and beat until fluffy, about 4 to 5 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl if needed.
- Add in the egg and egg yolk, beating until combined, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the vanilla extract and beat until combined again.
- Gradually add in the dry ingredients, beating on low speed until just combined and mixed. Stir in the chocolate chips with a spatula until they are evenly dispersed.
- Scoop the dough into 1-inch rounds and place on a baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 to 14 minutes, or until the bottoms are just golden. Let cool completely before storing in a sealed container.
RELATED: What a mom-to-be's diet plan should really look like