Kale and Feta Breakfast Burritos
Think carbs plus protein when building your perfect breakfast. This recipe has both with a bonus of dark greens — these kale and feta burritos will take your morning routine to a whole new level!
All you need:
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups firmly packed kale, shredded into bite-sized pieces
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 ¼ cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 5 — 8-inch flour whole wheat flour tortillas
All you do:
- Heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes, or until translucent.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes. Place kale in pan and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs with pepper and oregano. Add the eggs to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until eggs are cooked through.
- Fold in feta cheese and remove from heat and allow mixture to cool.
How to assemble:
- Spread out 3/4 cup of egg mixture onto a tortilla.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup shredded cheese.
- Roll up, sealing both ends, and wrap. Enjoy immediately or see below for freezer instructions.
- Wrap burrito tightly in plastic wrap, then place in a storage container. Freeze up to 3 months.
How to Re-Heat:
- Microwave on a paper towel in 30-second increments until warm.
RELATED: Add these healthy habits to your morning routine