Honey-Cashew Chicken Stir-Fry
Recipe: Hy-Vee Seasons Magazine
This stir-fry comes together in less than 30 minutes and is packed with ingredients you love like honey, cashews, rice, and chicken – plus lots of veggies! Dinnertime just got a lot easier.
All you need:
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breast tenders
- 3 tbsp cornstarch, divided
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup honey
- ¾ tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp refrigerated ginger paste
- ¼ tsp sesame oil
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- 7 tsp canola oil, divided
- 12 oz. Hy-Vee Short Cuts broccoli, cut into bite-size florets
- ¾ cup shredded carrot
- ¾ cup Hy-Vee Short Cuts tricolor pepper strips
- 2/3 cup whole lightly salted cashews
- Hot cooked brown rice
- Sliced green onions, for garnish
All you do:
- Cut chicken into ¾-inch pieces. Toss with 2 tablespoons cornstarch until coated; set aside.
- Stir together broth, honey, soy sauce, 1 tablespoon cornstarch, ginger paste, sesame oil, and crushed red pepper; set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons canola oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Stir-fry half of chicken for 2-3 minutes or until cooked through (165 degrees). Remove chicken from skillet. Repeat with remaining chicken and 2 teaspoons canola oil.
- Heat 2 canola teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add broccoli; stir-fry for 1 minute. Add remaining canola oil, then add carrot and pepper strips; stir-fry for 2 more minutes.
- Push veggies to edge of skillet and add in the broth mixture to the center; bring to a boil. Stir in chicken and cashews and cook for 1 minute.
- Serve over rice and garnish with green onions if desired.
RELATED: Raise your mitt and commit to more family meals