Hearty Vegetable Tortellini Soup
This comforting concoction is the perfect family meal for chilly winter evenings. Bowl them over with this flavorful, vegetable-packed soup!
All you need:
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 (15 oz.) can green beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 8 oz. white button mushrooms, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 3 cups frozen cheese tortellini
- Chopped fresh parsley and Parmesan cheese, for garnish
All you do:
- Heat oil in large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook 10 minutes, or until onion is softened.
- Stir in tomato paste. Add broth, water, green beans, tomatoes, chickpeas, mushrooms, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and tortellini. Cook 8-10 minutes, or until tortellini is done.
- Divide soup among bowls and sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from: www.produceforkids.com
RELATED: Eat healthy in 2020 with these meal prep tips