Dark Chocolate Nut Bark
Yields: 25 pieces
Have a happy, healthy holiday season with this dark chocolate nut bark. Nuts are full of healthy fat, protein and vitamin E.
All you need:
- 3 Tbsp walnuts, chopped
- 3 Tbsp whole salted almonds, chopped
- 1 Tbsp pepitas
- 12 oz. semisweet chocolate baking squares
- 1 Tbsp dried apricots, finely chopped
All you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Toast the walnuts, almonds and pepitas for 5-8 minutes.
- Melt chocolate according to package directions.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spread chocolate onto parchment to ¼-inch thickness.
- Sprinkle nut mixture over top, in addition to chopped apricots.
- Chill for 15 minutes or until set. Break into pieces and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from www.hy-vee.com.
RELATED: Good mood food to eat during the holidays