Recipe source: www.hy-vee.com
Citrus-infused flaky salmon is easier to make than you think. Just cover with fresh slices of limes, lemons, and blood oranges for a citrusy-flavored salmon fillet the whole family will love.
All you need:
- 2 lbs salmon fillet
- 1 tbsp Gustare Vita olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp Hy-Vee ground black pepper
- ½ lime, thinly sliced
- ½ lemon, thinly sliced
- ½ blood orange, thinly sliced
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 sprigs fresh dill
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley
- 1 head garlic, unpeeled and halved
All you do:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Pat salmon dry with paper towels and place on prepared baking sheet. Drizzle salmon with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place lime, lemon, blood orange and red onion slices on top of salmon. Sprinkle with fresh dill and parsley sprigs and place halved garlic heads on either side of salmon.
- Bake salmon 20 to 25 minutes, or until salmon easily flakes with a fork (145 degrees F). Remove salmon from oven.
- To serve salmon, remove fresh citrus slices and herbs and discard. Cut salmon into 6 portions and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts per serving: 350 calories, 23g total fat, 5g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 85g cholesterol, 410mg sodium, 3g total carbohydrates, 0g dietary fiber, 1g total sugar (0g added sugar), 31g protein
RELATED: 4 foods that fight high blood pressure