Chocolate Avocado Truffles
Recipe adapted from: www.eatingbirdfood.com
February brings paper valentines, candy hearts and lots and lots of chocolate. Here is a dessert you can feel good (and not guilty) about this Valentine's Day.
Here's what you need:
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Sea salt
Here's what you do:
- Skin and de-pit avocado. Place avocado and a sprinkle of salt in a bowl and mash together until smooth.
- Melt chocolate chips by placing them in a small microwave-safe bowl and microwaving for 30 seconds. Stir and microwave for another 20 seconds or until all the chocolate chips have melted.
- Pour melted chocolate into the bowl with the avocado and mix until mix until well combined, and the avocado is no longer visible.
- Place mixture in the fridge to set for 30 minutes. Once the mixture has firmed up, remove from fridge and make the truffles by rolling a tablespoon at a time into a 1-inch ball.
- Sprinkle a few sea salt flakes on each truffle. Store in fridge until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts per truffle: 75 Calories, 5 g Fat, 8 g Carbs, 2 g Fiber, 6 g Sugar, 1 g Protein
RELATED: Leave your emotions to your Valentine, not your food