Chicken Zoodle Soup
This recipe was adapted from Hy-Vee.com
Warm up this winter with a healthier spin on a comfort favorite – chicken noodle soup! This recipe swaps the noodles for zucchini noodles (zoodles). You can make the zoodles yourself with a spiralizer or find pre-made zoodles in the produce section of the grocery store.
Here's what you need:
- 1 pound chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger grated
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 (32 oz.) containers low-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 medium zucchini, spirialized
- 1/2 cup loosely packed kale, chopped
- Green onions and crushed red pepper for garnish
Here's what you do:
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in ginger, turmeric, and coriander. Cook and stir for 15-30 seconds.
- Add chicken broth and chicken to the saucepan and simmer, covered, for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked thoroughly (165 degrees).
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board. Using two forks, shred chicken and return to the saucepan.
- Add zoodles to the saucepan and return to a simmer for 1-2 minutes. Stir in kale.
- Ladle soup into small bowls and garnish with onions and sprinkle with red pepper, if desired. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts per serving: 110 calories, 1.5 g total fat, 9 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 740 mg sodium, 3 g carbs, 1 g fiber, 2 g sugar, 0 g added sugar, 19 g protein
Want to incorporate more healthy choices? Try these lifestyle changes that don't involve dieting.