Chicken Zoodle Pesto
This recipe was adapted from EatingWell.com.
Fresh air. Green grass. And sunshine. Ahhh, spring. It just makes you want to sink your teeth into something seasonal. This recipe for pesto chicken with zoodles will be sure to satisfy all of your spring cravings.
Here's what you need:
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup pesto
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
Here's what you do:
- Sprialize zucchinis and trim down into smaller noodles (or purchase pre-spiralized zoodles at the store). Set aside on paper towels so that excess water is absorbed.
- Add olive oil to a hot skillet. Add in mushrooms, tomatoes, and zoodles, and cook until softened to your liking.
- Next, add in pesto, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cook until warmed thoroughly.
- Serve with sliced chicken and garnish with Parmesan cheese and extra red pepper flakes.
RELATED: Get energized for spring with these healthy habits