Creamy Pasta with Asparagus and Chicken
This recipe was adapted from www.closetcooking.com
Is your family "rhetti" for spaghetti? This recipe is on the table in 20 minutes or less and is sure to be a crowd-pleaser at dinner time. Try it at home!
All you need:
- 2.5 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Lemon pepper to taste
- 1 (8 oz.) box whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 oz. Greek cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (14 oz.) can artichoke hearts, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice and zest
- 2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
All you do:
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add 1.5 tablespoons of olive oil and chicken to pan. Season with lemon pepper. Cook for 3-5 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from skillet, set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package direction, adding asparagus during the last 1-2 minutes. Cook until asparagus is crisp tender. Drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
- Add the remaining oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the cream cheese and let it melt before mixing in the Parmesan, milk, and artichokes. Cook until all the cheese has melted.
- Mix in pasta, lemon juice and zest, parsley, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add additional pasta water, if needed, to maintain creamy consistency. Sprinkle with cheese for a garnish. Enjoy!
RELATED: Intuitive eating can work for your whole family