Gluten-Free Linguini Chicken Carbonara
All you need:
½ cup Hy-Vee whole milk (can also use skim milk or a lactose-free alternative)
½ cup Hy-Vee shredded Parmesan cheese
? tsp Hy-Vee black pepper
4 oz. uncooked gluten-free linguini
1 cup broccoli florets
1 slice Hy-Vee bacon
1 shallot, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup chopped cooked chicken
1 cup baby spinach leaves
1 tbsp chopped fresh Italian parsley
1 tbsp toasted pine nuts
All you do:
1. In a small bowl, combine milk, cheese and pepper; set aside.
2. In a large saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions (do not overcook), using salted water; add broccoli during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain mixture; do not rinse.
3. Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Drain well on paper towel; reserve drippings in skillet. Coarsely crumble bacon; set aside.
4. Add shallot and garlic to skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add milk mixture to pan; cook and stir until thick and creamy.
5. Stir in hot pasta mixture, chicken, spinach, bacon and parsley; heat through. Serve immediately, topped with pine nuts.
Recipe source: https://www.hy-vee.com/recipes-ideas/recipes/gluten-free-linguini-chicken-carbonara
This information is not intended as medical advice. Please consult a medical professional for individual advice.