Mini Shrimp Pesto Pizza
(Serves 4, 2 halves each)
This recipe was adapted from www.seafoodnutrition.org
This easy and delicious four-ingredient recipe puts a fun, seafood twist on everyone's favorite dinner: pizza! The mini size makes it perfect for even the smallest members of the family.
All you need:
- 4 multi-grain sandwich thins
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup store bought pesto sauce
- 1 cup frozen, cooked shrimp
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
All you do:
- Preheat oven to 425º. Separate sandwich thins and lay halves sliced-side-up on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Spray each lightly with nonstick cooking spray; bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove pizza crusts, and spread each with 1 tablespoon pesto sauce, then top with 3-4 baby shrimp (it’s OK if they are not thawed), and sprinkle on cheese.
- Place back into the oven and bake for 5 minutes until crispy and cheese is melted. Remove pizzas and serve!
RELATED: Try these 20, 20-second health hacks during 2020