Buffalo Cauliflower Lettuce Tacos
Recipe: Hy-Vee Seasons Magazine
One of these lettuce tacos filled with buffalo-sauce covered cauliflower florets contains 5 grams of protein. They're an excellent low-cal meat-free lunch for any vegetarian. Or, if you're just simply looking to eat less meat.
All you need:
- 1 lb. Hy-Vee Short Cuts cauliflower florets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup wing sauce, plus additional for serving
- 12 leaves romaine lettuce
- 2 avocados, seeded, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced baby carrots
- 1/3 cup blue cheese crumbles
- Ranch salad dressing, for serving
All you do:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking pan with foil. Arrange cauliflower on pan. Drizzle and toss with olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Roast cauliflower for 10 minutes or until tender. Remove from the oven; cool slightly. Drizzle cauliflower with 1/2 cup wing sauce; toss to coat. Return to oven; bake for 10 minutes or until cauliflower is lightly browned. Remove from oven.
- To serve, layer 2 romaine lettuce leave together; place on a serving platter. Repeat with remaining leave. Add 1/2 cup cauliflower to each leaf stack.
- Top with avocados, celery, carrots, and blue cheese. Drizzle with additional wing sauce and dressing.
RELATED: Explore the possibilities of plant-based eating