Tips to get the whole family to drink more H2O
Made from fruit concentrate. 100% REAL fruit juice. Corn sugar. High-fructose corn syrup. Natural sweeteners. Raw sugar. Fruit punch. Orange drink.
The juice aisle can be a confusing place, with hidden sugars on every label, so make your life easier and skip it all together.
RELATED: Try these 5 products to get your kids to drink more water
Below are a few practical tips to get your kids to drink more water … and even ask for it!
- Use frozen fruit in place of ice cubes.
- Infuse your water with flavor by adding fruits like berries, lemons or limes.
- Freeze ice cube trays with berries and add this to your water to keep it extra cold.
- Provide your child with his or her own special drinking cup and your teen a reusable water bottle to tote around. Teach younger kids to fill their cup or how to use the water dispenser on the fridge.
- Be a role model – carry your own refillable water bottle and make sure your kids see you filling it up frequently throughout the day. The average adult should drink at least 8 glasses of water per day, or at least 60 - 75 oz.
Plain ol’ water is pure magic – it can jumpstart your metabolism, keep your kidneys and digestive system working properly and replenishes tissue health. Not to mention can prevent you from overeating. Pure magic indeed.
For more healthy tips and tricks from the 5-2-1-0 Healthy Choices Count! program, click here.