Kids not hungry in the morning? Start small.
We know that eating in the morning jumpstarts our metabolism and helps to fuel our focus at work or school throughout the day. So, why is the whole family skipping this meal?
Whether it’s the time crunch or a kid who isn’t hungry in the morning, make breakfast a habit the family never skips. Here are some quick and easy breakfast ideas to get your whole family ready for the day:
- A cup of yogurt (plain – add your own fruit)
- A piece of fruit, such as a banana, orange or apple
- A bowl of cereal with milk
- A slice of toast with nut butter and a glass of milk
- Half of a toasted English muffin with a slice of cheese
- Trail mix of raisins, nuts and cereal
For more small and healthy tips and recipes, checkout more Iowa 5-2-1-0 resources here!